Along with the top 10, I've decided to introduce another new style of post to A Hit of Sarah, The Chic Set. The Chic Set will be exactly what the name implies, a set of clothing and accessories that I've deemed attractive at the moment. So where better to start then Matches Fashion? One of the best high end boutiques in the UK, Matches caters too London's most fashion literate clientele, offering the best of the best in established and international labels. Now that they've opened an online store, which also includes a wonderful blog in which they go behind the scenes with both new and established designers and labels, my friends here in the US and in Europe can also enjoy the great fashion that Matches has to offer.
In for the Clutch: Matches has a wonderful selection of accessories, including a great amount of clutches. Clutches are great for both day and evening wear. I prefer using them for when I go out at night. They're big enough to carry the essentials, but light enough to not be a hassel to carry around. Grab a drink, get on the dance floor and all you need is one free hand to hold your fabulous clutch. These three from Matches caught my attention.
1. Charlotte Olympia Pandora Matryoshka Clutch: Charlotte Olympia is definitely the Queen of accessory design, always creating the most unique and inventive bags and shoes. This wooden clutch is one of my new favorites from her. I love it's playfulness and how easily it could be dressed down for work and then later on perfectly incorporated into an evening wear ensemble. The hand painted doll clasp is the best part of the piece, so adorable!
2. Alexander McQueen Swarovski Crystal Union Jack Clutch: After living in London for five months I quickly became a sucker for anything with a Union Jack on it, which includes Alexander McQueen's red swarovski crystal embellished union jack clutch. I love how edgy it is. It would go so perfectly with a sexy little black dress.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Belle du Jour patent clutch: I think that everyone needs a basic black leather clutch. It's chic and it can go with every outfit. That said, I think that every fashionista needs a black patent leather Yves Saint Laurent clutch. Now that new creative director, Hedi Slimane, altered the Yves Saint Laurent brand name to Saint Laurent Paris, some YSL memorabilia is definitely necessary. Who knows? One day it may become your most prized vintage piece.
More & More Mary: I could go on and on about how much I love Mary Katrantzou's designs, but she has been getting her worth in praise from celebrity stylists, fashion editors, bloggers and even the British Fashion Council itself. So of course I was absolutely delighted to see some of her best pieces on Matches online boutique. I swooned over her fun colorful printed dresses.
The Perfect Trouser: I have to say out of all of the merchandise on Matches, they had by far the most amazing selection of trousers...and that being said from a girl who prefers a dress to a pant any day. There are trousers in all different kinds of materials from corduroy to chiffon, different prints and colors and a multitude of styles. Here were my favorites.
1. Balenciaga Kimono Belt Felt Trousers: Balenciaga has always been known for the architectural shape of it's designs and these trousers are no exception. The khaki kimono pant is chic, elegant, timeless and can be worn in so many different ways. Definitely an investment piece, I want a pair of my own!
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Floral Print Chiffon Trousers: If you're following current trends you'll notice that these 3.1 Phillip Lim Floral Print Chiffon pants are combining two of the biggest ones- the flowy chiffon pant and innovative floral prints. This pair is done right. The navy color with beige print adds subtlety to the piece. So chic.
3. L'Agence Vintage Crepe Long Trousers: These pants just add instant cool to your outfit. In fact, you wouldn't need to pair it with much to look chic. They would just make the entire ensemble. This vintage piece is making a come back. Where slim fit trousers are weaning the loose fitting pant is making it's re-entry and I'm loving every minute of it.
Check out Matches Fashion here.
These are my top picks from Matches Fashion. Take a look, what are yours?